The firmware is open source code provided by K3NG so you can customize it to fit your needs.
The Keyer is suitable as a standalone keyer or for keying the radio via the USB port from a connected computer and your favoured contest logging software or for daily operation.
- CW speed adjustable from 1 to 99 WPM
- Programming and interfacing via USB port (“command line interface”)
- Logging and Contest Program Interfacing via K1EL Winkey 1.0 and 2.0 interface protocol emulation
- Optional PTT outputs with configurable lead, tail, and hang times
- Up to 12 memories with macros
- Serial numbers
- CW keyboard (via a terminal server program like Putty or the Arduino Serial program)
- Speed potentiometer (optional – speed also adjustable with commands)
- QRSS and HSCW
- Beacon / Fox mode
- Iambic A and B
- Straight key support
- Ultimatic mode
- Bug mode
- CMOS Super Keyer Iambic B Timing
- Paddle reverse
The keyer features one radio port with a optically isolated PTT keying line as well as the CW keying line.
The paddle is connected with a standard 6.3mm Stereo Jack compatible with most modern radios.
Via the USB connector of the Arduino Nano plug-in board the keyer can communicate with a PC.
The chip drivers(FTDI FT232R, CH340) will provide virtual serial COM port on the computer which is then available to external loggers for communicating with the keyer.
Here you can download the schematic, parts list, and Gerber files for my CW Keyer PCB. Click here to download
Source code is located on GitHub . Click on the green button Clone or download and next click on the Download Zip button on the lower right to get all the code in a ZIP file.
The CW keyer supported almost all LogBook applications (Log4Om, Logger32, N1MM, etc) where have supported the K1EL winkey protocol 1.0 & 2.0